2023 IIBEC International Convention & Trade Show
IIBEC is seeking papers for consideration for its 40th anniversary at the 2023 IIBEC International Convention & Trade Show. Put your skills, knowledge, and talent to work for your profession! The 2023 IIBEC International Convention & Trade Show, taking place March 2–6 in Houston, Texas.
Timeline and Review Process
Abstracts should be submitted digitally using the form below. Please be sure to read the IIBEC Guidelines for Presentations and the Speaker Release Form before submitting an abstract.
May 16, 2022: Deadline for abstract submissions
June 6-10, 2022: Notification of acceptance/regret
August 26, 2022: Final papers due to IIBEC
August 27–October 14, 2022: Review process and final papers
November 4, 2022: Final PowerPoint slides due to IIBEC
November 14–January 30, 2023: Prerecording of presentations conducted
March 2–6, 2023: Convention Event Dates
March 2, 2023: Board Meeting
March 3, 2023: Auxiliary Seminars
Papers and abstracts accepted for presentation may subsequently be published in IIBEC publications. Audio and/or video of presentations made for IIBEC events may be subsequently published in IIBEC publications and/or platforms. IIBEC reserves the right of first publication of all submitted materials accepted for presentation at any event sponsored by IIBEC and retains the copyright thereafter. All submitted abstracts, presentations, papers, and articles must be original to the author and not previously published or presented nor scheduled for publication or presentation in any other publication or venue. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of IIBEC.
Please submit electronically below and ensure you have read the IIBEC Guidelines for Presentations, complete directions on formatting, and acceptable formats for abstracts and papers. A topic description must be provided addressing the speaker’s subject knowledge and the level of knowledge that will be presented to the attendee (i.e., intermediate or advanced). Six IIBEC CEHs will be granted for an accepted paper. Additionally, presenters will earn triple credit for the length of the program (1 presentation hour yields 3 CEHs).
NOTE: It is imperative that owners/clients (if applicable) have been notified this abstract is being submitted for consideration of a presentation at the 2023 International Convention and have given consent to do so.
- Cladding (masonry, facades, metal, stucco, stone)
- Code issues
- Codes, standards, specification, and testing of materials and assemblies
- Construction processes, contract administration and case studies
- Durability, resiliency, and sustainability
- Emerging technology
- Fenestration (curtainwalls, glass)
- Innovative/Unique edge building enclosure design
- Moisture and thermal analyses
- Professional and business management topics
- Sealants and coatings
As well as any other topic(s) that you feel may be interesting to present
The abstract should be a concise proposal of new information that is technically sound and credible.
Your abstract should include the following
- Primary issue being addressed
- Type and basis of the new information that will be contributed to the industry (e.g., research conducted, personal experience).
- Intended primary audience concise statement describing the new information and how the information will be useful to the primary audience.
Guidelines for Presentations
Example of Speaker Release Form