IIBEC Statement of Support of Racial Equality
As an organization, The International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC) stands firmly in support of efforts to eradicate racial injustice and provide opportunity for under-represented communities. Our association will work together with our members and industry partners to champion efforts that create sustainable transformation in our profession.
We encourage our members to:
- Educate themselves to have a better understanding of and be more informed about race
relations, history, and systemic issues in the black community.
- Foster safe environments for, and listen to employees, clients, and peers who are directly
affected by racism/inequality.
- Engage in meaningful and productive conversations on racial issues with stakeholders, and
develop solutions to promote equality.
- Diversify employment, contracting, and general association.
- Support services, materials, expertise, scholarships, and organizations that advocate for
- Stand up, speak out, and act against racism and inequality.
IIBEC is committed to be inclusive of all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. As an organization, we will focus on areas of growth—both as individuals and as a collective group. IIBEC is devoted to developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy to bring about meaningful change. We are here to listen; we are here to support; and we are here to work together to build an equitable future for our industry.
Approved by the IIBEC Executive Committee July 13, 2020