November 26, 2019
Blown Away by ASCE 7-16
Presented by: Kristin Westover and Jennifer Keegan, AIA | GAF Materials Corp.
Thursday, December 9, 2021; 12:00 PM ET
Member: $45 USD | Nonmember: $60 USD
Educational Credits: IIBEC: 1 CEHs
This webinar will discuss select rated roofs and edge metal systems as well as establish roof zone layouts based on prescriptive and performance methods. A discussion of the new code requirements and compliance tools regarding ASCE 7-16 will also be covered. Learners will be able to immediately put their learning into practice, as they will be placed on a project team to work through a wind uplift design.
1. Understand code requirements for wind design that apply to designers.
2. Discuss new requirements in ASCE 7-16 (relative to ASCE 7-10).
3. Evaluate roof zone layouts and their effect on installed roof-system capacity.
4. Recognize the importance of edge metal for overall wind resistance.
5. Review where to find “listed” roofing assemblies.