Codes and Standards Updates
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) has posted the 2022 version of
ASCE/SEI 7, Minimum Design Loads and Associated Criteria for Buildings and Other Structures, for public comment through August 2, 2021. Any interested person can view and submit comments on the proposed changes to the standard.
- Accessing the Public Comment System will require using or creating an ASCE web user account.
- Click on “Public Comment on Minimum Design Loads and Associated Criteria for Buildings and Other Structures (Comment Deadline 08-02-21)”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Comment Here”
- Choose the Section you wish to enter comments. Fill in either “affirmative comment” or “negative comment” then click the “Comment” button.
- Enter comments in box labeled “Enter your comments below.” Remember to save your draft before exiting. You may also click under the box to email additional material firstname.lastname@example.org. All additional material must be received prior to the closing date of the ballot.
- After saving any comments, you are sent back to the main ballot page where you may either “Save as Draft” or “Submit Final.”
For more information, please contact IIBEC Senior Director of Technical Services, Emily Lorenz at email@example.com.