IIBEC is seeking presentations for the IIBEC/AEI 2022 Building Enclosure Symposium. Put your skills, knowledge, and talent to work for your profession!
Timeline and Review Process
Abstracts should be submitted digitally using the form below. Refer to the Sample Outline and Presentation Guide for submission requirements regarding the PowerPoint and Outline.
|June 27, 2022||Deadline for abstract submissions to be submitted|
|July 25-29, 2022||Notification of acceptance/regret|
|September 12, 2022||Final PowerPoint presentations and outline due to IIBEC for review|
|September 12-19, 2022||Committee presentation review process|
|October 3, 2022||Final PowerPoint edits due to IIBEC|
Papers and abstracts accepted for presentation may subsequently be published in IIBEC publications. Audio and/or video of presentations made for IIBEC events may be subsequently published in IIBEC publications and/or platforms. IIBEC reserves the right of first publication of all submitted materials accepted for presentation at any event sponsored by IIBEC and retains the copyright thereafter. All submitted abstracts, presentations, papers, and articles must be original to the author and not previously published or presented nor scheduled for publication or presentation in any other publication or venue. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of IIBEC.
Please submit electronically below and ensure you have read the IIBEC Guidelines for Presentations, complete directions on formatting, and acceptable formats for abstracts and PowerPoints . A topic description must be provided addressing the speaker’s subject knowledge and the level of knowledge that will be presented to the attendee (i.e., intermediate or advanced). Six IIBEC CEHs will be granted for an accepted presentations. Additionally, presenters will earn triple credit for the length of the program (1 presentation hour yields 3 CEHs).
If you are accepted as a presenter, you will also need to submit an outline detailing your topic along with your PowerPoint presentation. You can locate more information and a sample outline and presentation guide.
NOTE: It is imperative that owners/clients (if applicable) have been notified this abstract is being submitted for consideration of a presentation at the 2022 Building Enclosure Symposium and have given consent to do so.
- Cladding (masonry, facades, metal, stucco, stone)
- Code issues
- Codes, standards, specification, and testing of materials and assemblies
- Construction processes, contract administration and case studies
- Durability, resiliency, and sustainability
- Emerging technology
- Fenestration (curtainwalls, glass)
- Innovative/Unique edge building enclosure design
- Moisture and thermal analyses
- Professional and business management topics
- Sealants and coatings
- Integration of structural and MEP systems with enclosure design
- Enclosure Forensics
As well as any other topic(s) that you feel may be interesting to present
The abstract should be a concise proposal of new information that is technically sound and credible.
Your abstract should include the following:
- Primary issue being addressed
- Type and basis of the new information that will be contributed to the industry (e.g., research conducted, personal experience).
- Intended primary audience concise statement describing the new information and how the information will be useful to the primary audience.