By IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter Director Patrick Giblin
The IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter Awards Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of several awards for their contributions during the 2020 calendar year.
Past Presidents Award
The Past Presidents Award was presented to Patrick Reicher, Raths, Raths & Johnson, Inc., in recognition of his leadership and professionalism to the board and chapter. Reicher helped navigate the chapter through a trying year, while also continuing to promote the chapter’s educational offerings and philanthropic efforts. Despite the trials of the previous year, the IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter was able to make donations to the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and to the RCI-IIBEC Foundation, with proceeds benefiting the Convention/Student Participation Fund.
Exhibitor of the Year Award
SJ Mallein & Associates were awarded the Exhibitor of the Year, in recognition and appreciation of their continued support and active involvement as an exhibitor/sponsor for IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter events throughout the year. Not only did SJ Mallein & Associates exhibit at the 2020 IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter Annual Meeting & Program in January, but they also co-sponsored the June, July, September, and October webinars. Their support helped make it possible for the chapter to provide virtual programming when meeting in-person was not possible.
Presenter of the Year Award
Shaun Katz of Detec Systems, LLC was honored as the Presenter of the Year for his presentation “Electronic Leak Detection Testing, Standards, Science, and Practical Applications” during the 2020 IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter Webinar Series. Katz’s goal for his presentation was simply to provide the attendees with a basic understanding of electronic leak detection. He did so by explaining the differences between the four electronic testing methods, by identifying potential Division 7 design and construction failures, and by explaining the capabilities and limitations of ELD as outlined by ASTM Standards. His presentation was well attended and received positive reviews from the participants.
The chapter would like to congratulate this year’s recipients and thanks them for their contributions to the IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter!
- February 23, 2021 – Rainscreen Performance: It Takes a Village
- February 24, 2021 – RRC Review and Update.
- February 25, 2021 – Multi-Spectral Aerial Solutions Presents: Thermal UAV Building Envelope Scanning, 3pm-4pm ET
- March 24, 2021 – Electronic Leak Detection webinar, 11:00am – 12:15pm EST.
- May 13, 2021 – Roof Systems Thermal and Moisture Design, Richmond Hill, Ontario, noon-9pm.
- October 7, 2021 – Building Envelop Quality Assurance (in-person or virtual format TBD)
- November 18, 2021 – Exterior Wall Technology & Science (in-person or virtual format TBD)
- December 9, 2021 – IIBEC Southern Ontario Chapter’s Annual Christmas Luncheon
- March 25/April 1, 2020 (4hr sessions) – Exterior Wall Quality Assurance (virtual), time TBD
Please note, dates and times subject to change based on local and/or state and province regulations.