October 3, 2016
On October 27-28, 2016, the Carolinas Chapter of RCI, Inc. will host an RCI educational session at the Double Tree Charlotte Airport in Charlotte, NC. This two-day course is an aimed at the practicing waterproofing consultant or designer and at those just getting into this field. Although the term “waterproofing” can refer to many segments of a building, this course is limited to plaza decks, terraces, below-grade walls, and floor slabs. This course provides a good review or learning experience for those aiming to earn their RCI Registered Waterproofing Consultant – RWC® designation.
Highlights of the program include:
- Concepts unique to waterproofing
- Negative and positive systems, including lagging
- Proper drainage
- Concrete performance, problems, and repair
- Surface and below-grade water management
- Detailed description of materials and systems unique to waterproofing
- Vegetative roof design principles
- Waterproofing specifications and details
- Waterproofing case studies
The sessions will run from 8 to 5 on both days. The cost is $500 for RCI members and $650 for nonmembers. The program includes a course textbook, continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m., and an afternoon break. Rooms can be reserved at the Double Tree Charlotte Airport, 2600 Yorkmont Rd., Charlotte, NC by calling 800-222-8733 or 704-357-9100. To receive the group room rate of $169 a night plus tax, please mention that you are with RCI Carolinas. You must register by October 11 to receive this special rate. Hotel parking is complimentary for RCI guests.
For more information or to register, visit the RCI Carolinas Chapter website or contact Brad Wiggins at 843-754-7664 or email@example.com.