RCI is a sponsor of the ASTM E06/D08 Joint Symposium on Building Science and the Physics of Building Enclosure Performance. This is a two-part event that will take place in October and December of 2018 in Washington, D.C.
Part one, E06 Performance of Buildings, will occur on October 21 and 22, 2018, at the Washington Hilton in Washington D.C.
Sessions will include:
- “Energy Codes and Standards: Do They Reflect Best Practice in Building Enclosure Performance?” presented by Tat Fu of Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- “History, Continued Changes and Impact of Increased Performance Values Required of Exterior Building Enclosures by ASHRAE 90.1,” presented by Paul Johnson, Smith Group
- “Physics of HVAC Interaction with Enclosure Systems and People,” presented by Paul Totten, WSP
- “Balancing Building Enclosure Performance and the Conservation of Modern Materials,” presented by Kyle Normandin of Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- “The Hirshhorn Museum: Predicted Energy Use Improvements for a Mid-20th Century Brutalist Landmark,” presented by Niklas Vigener of Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
You can also view a PDF of the full schedule for the October event on the event website.
Part two, D08 Roofing and Waterproofing, will be on December 2, 2018, also at the Washington Hilton.
Registration information from their website states: This is a two-part symposium. Part 1 will take place on Sunday-Monday, October 21-22, 2018. Part 2 will take place on Sunday, December 2, 2018. Please visit www.astm.org/E06OctReg2018 for more information about Part 1 registration. A discounted registration fee for Part 2 is available for those who attend both events. Please note: Registration for both events is required prior to October 26, 2018, in order to receive the discount.