IIBEC Mid-South Chapter Golf Tournament Raises Money for Charity
By IIBEC Mid-South Chapter Secretary Mike Sexton
The IIBEC Mid-South Chapter held its Second Annual Charity Golf Event on September 18, 2020, at the Nashboro Golf Course in Nashville, TN. To ensure the safety of all participants, specific precautions and CDC protocols were implemented and followed for this outdoor-only event, including requirements for a COVID-19 screening sign-in sheet and temperature check upon arrival.
The event was a huge success, the weather was perfect, and the chapter was able to raise money for local charities, including the ALS Association and the Wounded Warrior Project ®. There were a total of 21 teams participating with several vendors sponsoring holes, teams, and raffle prizes. Congratulations to Commercial Roofing Specialties, Inc. for taking home this year’s prize as the winning team with a low score of 53. Runner-up was the Larimer Shannon Group, and coming in with the highest score (prize included a toilet bowl golf plaque, and a free round from the golf course) was the National Women in Roofing.
Thanks to everyone for participating and sponsoring this event this year, we look forward to seeing you all again next year.
IIBEC Southern California Chapter Hosts Golf Tournament
By IIBEC SoCal Vice President Arturo Ortiz, Jr.
On September 11, 2020, the IIBEC SoCal Chapter hosted its 18th Annual Golf Tournament at Monarch Beach Golf Links in Dana Point, CA. Despite the unprecedented challenges of 2020, the event was as enjoyable as always with the attendance of 144 golfers who made it out to enjoy the course with its coastal scenic views. The event could not be possible without the generous support of its industry partners, including the following:
Platinum Sponsor: Carlisle Syntec Systems
The IIBEC SoCal Chapter would also like to thank the many other industry sponsors who came out to contribute tees, golf balls, snacks, beverages, and raffle giveaways, and line the course with their company tee signage and tabletop displays.
Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our players, the chapter’s Golf Committee and volunteers worked tirelessly to transform our annual tournament into a contact-free event, including lunch and swag bags set up with pre-assigned cart seating prior to guest arrivals. This year’s goodies included golf balls, markers, tees, towels, and travel-sized hand sanitizer. Also included were custom IIBEC SoCal logo face masks to support IIBEC’s re-branding efforts and to encourage social distancing best practices while on the course.
Other tournament format changes included starting off three separate groups of golfers at staggered tee times to reduce how many players would congregate at a given time. Waiting players were able to partake in a delicious spread of breakfast burritos, coffee, juices, and refreshing cocktails while catching up with colleagues and sponsors, perusing our membership drive booth, and enjoying the morning air on the manicured club house green.
Lastly, the chapter used the golf cart satellite touchscreens to announce raffle prizes remotely throughout the day. Along with the lucky raffle prize recipients, the tournament winners are as follows:
1st Place Team: Joe Buffolino, Ralph Dion, Corey Actis, Marty Schinker
2nd Place Team: Kevin Taylor, Bob Bligh, Rick Santos, Garrett Smith
3rd Place Team: Josh Bailey, David Byun, Cliff Welch, Brent Hereda
Longest Drive: Thomas Hayward
Longest Putt, Distance of 50 ft. 4 in. Tod Fritts
Closest to the Pin, Distance of 1 ft. 3 in. Lopez
Special thanks go out to the IIBEC SoCal Golf Committee, event volunteers, and especially Danielle Ward and Moira Howmann for all their hard work, as such a well-executed, safe, and enjoyable event could not have taken place without their leadership and dedication.
IIBEC Carolinas Chapter Hosts Live Training Event
By IIBEC Carolinas Chapter Secretary Tim Stokes
The IIBEC Carolinas Chapter recently hosted three separate AIA courses and Sika training demonstration event hosted at the Hilton Garden Inn in Mount Pleasant, SC, on Thursday, October 29, 2020. This event boasted 30 attendees and was sponsored by Sika Sarnafil, Velux Skylights, and DV-7.
- November 2020 – The IIBEC Ohio Valley Chapter is presenting the “Fundamentals of Roofing: Critical Factors in Design” in four separate 90 minute sessions. Presented by Stephen Cooper, RRC, RRO, CDT; Denise Diestel; and Bill Spencer, RRO; these sessions, both IIBEC and AIA approved will be held on the following days:
- Tuesday, November 10 – Introduction
- Tuesday, November 17 – Design Stage Factors
- Tuesday, November 24 – Construction State Factors
- Tuesday, December 1 – Facility Use Factors
- For registration and/or sponsorship opportunities, click here!
- December 1, 2020 – Register today for the IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter’s virtual educational seminar worth 6 IIBEC CEHs. The upcoming seminar includes the following presentations from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST.
- “Natural Stone Composite Panel Applications and Performance Capabilities”, presented by Julie White – LiteCore
- “Blindside Below-Grand Waterproofing System Selection and Design Considerations”, presented by Pete DiGiovanni – Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing (CCW)
- “‘Free-Forming’ the Building Enclosure with Standing Seam Metal Panels”, presented by Tony Thompson – Bemo USA Corporation
- “Advanced Curtain Wall Façades”: High Performance Custom Design”, presented by John Jackson, AIA; CJ Brandmeier, PE – Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Inc. (SGH)
- December 3, 2020: The IIBEC Arizona Chapter will be hosting a new member mixer, taking place at The Vig Arcadia from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Register today to find out all about one of IIBEC’s newest chapters…the first drink is on them! Please email Membership Committee Chair Amber Thompson at email@example.com with any questions.
- December 15-16, 2020: Register today for the IIBEC Virginia Chapter’s hosting of “Rooftop Quality Assurance”. This virtual class will be presented in four-hour segments, over the course of two consecutive days.
Please note, dates and times subject to change based on local and/or state regulations.